The bakkie bag is based on the same principle as the body bag but only on a larger scale. It is also made from solid PVC material to fit the shape of your bakkie. The bakkie bag comes with its own carry bag for stress free traveling.
- Size : 1.5 M x 1.5 M x 600 m ( H )
- Any custom sizes can be manufactured on request.
- Colours available: Beige , Brown, olive green, black.
- The bakkie bag is larger than the body bag therefor leakage of blood will not take place
- The solid PVC material is dust and water proof
- The bakkie material is UV resistant
- The foldable material can easily be stored
- It can carry up to 10 Impala carcasses
Tarpaulin (Tarp) Covers
Tarpaulins (Tarps) have multiple uses, including as shelter from the elements, i.e., wind, rain, or sunlight, a ground sheet or a fly in camping, a drop sheet for painting, for protecting the pitch of cricket field, and for protecting objects, such as unenclosed road or rail goods carrying vehicles or wood piles.
It is also used on outdoor market stalls to provide some protection from the elements of nature. Tarpaulins are also used for advertisement printing, most notably for billboards. Perforated tarpaulins are typically used for large-medium advertising, or for protection on scaffoldings, the aim of the perforations (from 20% to 70%) is to reduce wind vulnerability
Polyethylene tarpaulins have also proven to be a popular source when an inexpensive, water resistant fabric is needed.
Tarps can be classified based on a diversity of factors, such as material type (polyethylene, canvas, vinyl, etc.), thickness, which is generally measured in millimeters or generalized into categories (such as "regular duty", "heavy duty", "super- heavy duty", etc.), and grommet strength (simple vs. reinforced), among others.
Tarps can also be classified by size—a common determining factor for consumers in acquiring tarps—and measured in width by length. Actual tarp sizes are generally about three to five percent smaller than the advertised size.(Thus, a tarp advertised as 20 ft. × 20 ft. will actually measure about 19 ft. × 19 ft.) Some other factors that may influence a purchase decision include color often they come in blue, green, black, or silver, grommet type (aluminum, stainless steel, etc.), and grommet-to-grommet distance.
POOL SAFETY NETS
IMPORTANT INFORMATION : A POOL SAFETY NET PREVENTS DROWNING PROVIDED IT IS PROPERLY FITTED, MAINTAINED AND REPLACED AFTER POOL USE, THE NET SAVES LIVES NOT MONEY.
The safety net has been around for decades and has prevented thousands of children from drowning! The concept has stayed the same over the years, but the fixtures and fittings have improved to make it user friendly. Our nets are custom fitted on site to fit any shape or size pool and acts like a horizontal fence over your pool. In the event of a baby crawling towards the pool, the arm or leg will fall through the openings of the net and the child will be supported at the edge of the pool and will be unable to crawl to the center of the net and the child will start crying, alerting an adult.
As a child grows and becomes heavier the child may come into contact with the water, but is capable of lifting / turning away from the water. The net is designed to prevent a child from sinking under the water surface. Only adults are able to release this tension on the net! On swimming pools with a width of 3.00m or wider a central float is added to the central tensioning system as additional safety precaution, this ensures that the net remains above the water and especially when the swimming pool water level is raised due to rain.
Our nets have been rigorously tested to meet the highest quality and safety standards. The nets are made from a from super strong high density polyethylene braid and has a breaking strain of approximately 150kg. Each net is pre-shrunken so it will not stretch or shrink + the knots are heat-sealed to prevent them from slipping. The net is aesthetically pleasing because it does not cover or distract the beauty of a sparkling clean pool. The anchor plates are almost flush and has no sharp points protruding so you will never stump your toes on it and it won’t clog up with dirt either. Durable non-corrosive hooks are attached to the net which allows the pool user to slot them into the keyholes of the plates before tightening the tension cord. Our plates have a double key hole to make adjustments accordingly, taking out the hassle of fitting the safety net. The extra key hole can also be used for securing down a leaf cover on top of the safety net for those troublemaking leaves.
Our nets have a built in pulley system acting as the shoe lases of the safety net. This central system ensures even tension all around the perimeter and can also be adjusted. Once the tension system is released the safety net is more user friendly. A watertight central float is included as a safety precaution; it acts as a buoy and supports the center of the net. This keeps the net well above the water surface and is especially important for when the pool is filling up with rain water.
Our pool nets are UV, climate and chemical resistant, and is constructed with 10 cm mesh squares complying with Safety standards (too small for a child or even a small dog to fall through). The net itself comprises of 3.5mm durable High Density Polyethylene strands which are pre-shrunk and autoclaved. We attach the swimming pool net to the coping or decking by means of stainless steel hooks clipping into plates. These plates are attached to the coping by means of stainless steel screws. The net is further strengthened by binding the outer edge and heat sealing of all the loose ends to prevent slippage and fraying. A completed net will be tight for maximum child safety and aesthetically pleasing due to the custom fitment. Children will be unable to neither lift the net at any point nor climb underneath it. Automatic pool cleaners work perfectly underneath the safety net. All nets and workmanship come with a standard 3 year guarantee! We also provide a safety net repair service, and we also are able to refit safety nets that have been removed from the pool for prolonged periods.
Exposure to the sun and extreme temperature (such as a hot paving surround) while off the pool may result in shrinkage of the netting. Always store away from direct sunlight, animals and heat when not fitted to the pool.
Animals may chew the net to drink or access the water. A safety net is not suitable for animal safety due to possible entanglement. The Pool Net has a central float, which supports the center of the net and keeps the net at a constant height above the water the swimming pool water should always be maintained at a distance below the net of 10cm 15cm.The central tension system allows for easy adult removal and replacement.
A pool safety net should always be completely removed and safely stored before accessing the pool, to prevent the risk of entanglement. The pool safety net should always be replaced completely upon exiting the pool. Aesthetically pleasing does not cover or distract from the beauty of a sparkling clean pool.
Does not help to heat the pool or keep it clean or save on operational costs.
Welding Screens / Welding Curtains
We manufacture welding screens with the following benefits:
- Durable Plastic sheeting
- Prevents Ark Eyes
- Filters damaging UV light
- Self extinguishing
- Easy to secure.
Welding screens are generally used to shield chipping, cutting, grinding and welding applications from the unprotected eye and to contain sparks and flames from spreading beyond the work area. Some of these screens are opaque reinforced fire retardant fabrics that offer 100% visual protection and particle containment from grinding and blasting operations.
Metal and welding shop applications such as chipping, grinding, heat treating, sand blasting, welding, cutting, and painting often require enclosures for safety. Welding curtains are designed to be used only in a vertical/curtain configuration. They are not intended to be used horizontally as a blanket. They do not have the heat rating, strength, or fireproof rating necessary to catch slag or other molten materials.
The foil is designed to shield out harmful UV radiation produced by the welding process and is flame retardant to prevent possible fires caused by the welding splatter.
Welding screens are used when there is no immediate fixing spot (like a rail-system or a tube) for the standard curtain. Screens can be easily moved around in a workplace and increase the flexibility on the welding spot.
Heavy-duty ultra-violet light absorber, creating a safer working environment.
- Suitable for workshop areas where welding, cutting and grinding operations take place
- Packed in kit form and can be erected without the use of tools.
- The material is impervious to burning should the material come into contact with welding splatter
- Material has been tested for ultra-violet transmittance with readings of 0.005%, 0.001% and 0.05% allowing only 15% visible light
Durable Plastic Sheeting
- 300 mic Poly –vinal- chloride transparent.
- Tear strength – 13kg f/mm.
- Tensile strength 23.5 Mpa / 50cm.
- Elongation 250% at break.
- Filters damaging UV light.
- Tested at 300-360 nm – transmission “nil”.
Does not burn.
- Self extinguishing.
- Oxygen index test – 26%.
- Prevents Ark Eye.
Easy to secure
- Heavy duty brass eyelets spaced 300mm apart on all four sides.
We stock the following: 2m x 3m Yellow 300mic Welding Screen (Incl eyelets & rope)
A Solid PVC winter cover is manufactured from PVC material. This cover rests on the water surface and is secured with Pool hooks & plates on the coping/Paving around the pool. In this case the water of the swimming pool supports this cover. This cover is also considered a safety cover because it is manufactured out of solid PVC and an adult will be able to walk over it in case of emergency.
- Benefits of a Solid PVC winter Cover
- Keeps the pool in hibernation for the winter
- Saves water because covering a pool helps with less water evaporation.
- Safety for Children and pets
- Saves time on cleaning the pool because of less debris
- Saves money on chemical costs
A solid PVC winter cover can be manufactured in various colours depending on material availability.
Swimming Pool Safety Measures:
There are different safety measures that can be put in place to prevent child drowning. These safety measures includes: pool nets, pool covers, pool fences, self-latching gates, and pool alarms.
If you need a pool cover for safety, increasing water temperature, eliminating evaporation, stops algae forming, keeping dirt/debris out the pool and save on chemicals + electricity, then look no further. The PVC safety cover is the only PVC cover that offers 100% safety and sets the standard for pool covers. Unlike most PVC pool covers this cover prevents rain water from accumulating on top of the cover, something that poses a threat to curious toddlers.
The backbone of the cover is the 32mm diameter lightweight Aluminum poles built into the cover. The poles run in the width of the pool and are spaced 1m apart, it extend approximately 30cm over the paving so the poles rest on the paving & the cover rest on the poles. Seeing that the cover is suspended from the water it enable us to punch a series of 8mm drainage holes into the cover allowing rain water and irrigation water to drain into the pool.
The Safety cover forms a complete barrier over the pool and prevents a child from squeezing underneath the cover. These covers has a good weight tolerance and can support a weight of 100kg, however we only market this cover with a maximum weight tolerance of 60kg. We don’t want to give the impression that the kids could play or drive with the bikes on the cover because there is risk of the Aluminum poles bending out of shape and this could result in a call out fee.
The Safety cover does not require hooks and eyelets, it works with a ratchet system that is generally very easy to use but complicated enough for children so it acts like a safety device. When securing the cover no physical strength is needed to create the required tension. This has the huge benefit that the pool user will be more likely to replace the cover after using the pool. To use the cover, it will be much quicker and easier if you are two people but one person would be able to open half the pool cover if it’s just for using the shallow end.
To open the cover, undo the ratchets, take the starting pole by the end and fold the cover with the poles over one another without any difficulty. The entire cover can be position on the paving at the deep end when not in use or stored away. To fit the cover you will do the exact opposite, once the cover is over the pool you will tighten the ratchets into place and restrict all access to the pool. To avoid stumping your toes on the protruding stainless steel anchor bolts, we have designed it in such a way that you can unscrew it by hand form the drop in socket that’s fitted flush with the paving. For extra protection the anchor bolt is also covered with a plastic cap.
The Solid Safety Cover is the most effective barrier as it seals off the pool and prohibits all access to the water. However, still the best method is that of responsible adult supervision. The Solid Safety Cover is the single most effective physical barrier to prevent child drowning and to secure a pool. Importantly, there are no fiddly hooks and eyelets, making the cover quick and easy to use. Mothers love the fact that no brute force is required! This blend of simplicity of design, coupled with practical and user-friendly fastening systems are what make this cover the desirable choice over other pool safety systems on the market.
The Solid Safety Cover can only be fitted to pools with a width no greater than 5,5m. The cover is heavy (average pool cover 8mx5m weighs 72kg). Fitting and removal involves “fan folding” the cover on and off the pool. The material is flammable and should be kept away from any sources of heat / flame. It is fitted with drainage holes to prevent the accumulation of water. Dust and debris that accumulates on the cover may infiltrate the pool through these holes. Should the drainage holes become blocked allowing for water to accumulate, this water MUST be removed Failure to do so may result in damage to the cover and a may also pose a potential drowning hazard.
WHO SHOULD USE A POOL COVER SOLID SAFETY COVER?
Every pool owner, regardless of whether or not they have children, should have a pool protected by a Solid Safety Cover including:
- Residential homes,
- Gated Communities
- Golf estates
- Bed and Breakfasts
- Holiday Resorts
A Solid Safety Cover is very important for all peoples from all walks of life including a young family with small children and grandparent with small grandchildren.
The Solid Safety Cover will be used right through the year as a safety barrier as well as to reduce money spent on the day to day and month to month upkeep, maintenance and operating costs incurred e.g. water top up, chemical and power usage and general cleaning of the pool. The Solid Safety Cover will be used for a variety of reasons whatever the age of the household or season of the year.
BENEFITS OF THE SOLID SAFETY POOL COVER
- Simplicity of design: the Solid Safety Cover is designed in such a way that it can simply and quickly be taken on or off the pool.
- Strong and durable: the cover can bear the weight of two adults and one child without any damage or risk to the cover or child. Not only do the drainage holes drain rainwater into the pool it also acts as ventilation by preventing chemical gasses from building up underneath the cover. A common drawback with first generation PVC covers is that rain or sprinkler water can collect on top of a PVC pool cover, forming a small pool that curious toddlers may be tempted to play in. Our second generation Solid Safety Cover features drainage holes to eliminate these pools forming on top of the cover.
- Aesthetics/Colours available: aside from peace of mind, the cover looks great too. This aesthetically stylish cover is available in 14 x different colours so you can incorporate it with the décor of your home and can be matched to the colour of your outdoor living area.
- Materials: made from 550 grams per square meter PVC, Aluminium battens and industrial strength ratchets in stainless steel. We use the 550gsm PVC specifically for the use of swimming pool covers because its U.V. treated & chemical resistant and come with a 3 Year Warranty. The PVC is joined with high frequency heating, no glue is used because it will come undone after a year and no stitching is used because it will perforate your cover. Seeing that the cover is not in direct contact to the chemical water it will extend the lifespan significantly and also it won’t influence the performance of the pool cleaner under the cover.
- Durable: made from 550gsm PVC, Aluminium battens and industrial strength stainless steel ratchets.
- Child Safety: two adults and a child can safely walk across the cover.
- Power savings: cleaner water requires less filtering and backwashing, which amounts to significant power savings. Filtration is still required for aeration and eradicating minor impurities but pump time can be halved. In an average domestic pool, the pool pump consumes 12% of the household’s electricity. The Solid Safety Cover reduces this to 6%.
- Water savings: reduced evaporation losses (up to 90% less) means less water input to maintain optimum levels.
- Chemical savings: under a Solid Safety Cover, algae growth is reduced, allowing for less chemical input without compromising water hygiene.
- Reduced debris contamination: this cover prevents dirt, droppings and leaves from entering the pool water. The water aesthetics and hygiene are greatly improved.
WARRANTY & EXPECTATIONS
The Solid Safety Cover can be expected to last for in excess of 5 years with the correct care and maintenance.
The cover material and straps will incur greater wear and tear and require replacing around this 5 year time frame. The ratchets and poles are likely to be an investment for a much longer time frame. Pool Cover guarantees the cover for one year (12 months). Because the cover is used primarily for child drowning prevention, it is of utmost importance to care for the cover correctly. If you notice a weakening of the cover’s components or small tears appearing in the PVC, please tend to the matter immediately and contact us about a repair service.
The material and components are all good for purpose in the sun and in chlorine type conditions around a pool.
What is a Leaf Pool Cover?
Are you troubled by leaves, pine needles, dirt and other debris constantly falling or blowing into your pool? Are you looking for a cover that doesn’t require more than one person to take it off and put it back on? A leaf cover may be a perfect solution to your maintenance concerns. A leaf pool cover is an ideal option for pool owners who wish to keep leaves and debris out of the water, while still maintaining a secure barrier for the safety of young children.
How does it work?
After a pool safety net has been installed on your pool, the installation crew takes measurements so a leaf cover can be custom sewn to line up with the pool net and be installed using the same anchors as the net. No additional holes need to be drilled in your deck to put the leaf cover in place. The leaf cover reduces the need for continual sweeping and makes maintenance easier by preventing unwanted debris from accumulating in the pool. Leaf pool covers are economical, lightweight, and easy to use. The durable fabric comes in an attractive shade of green to compliment the surrounding landscape.
You may choose to leave the cover off during the swim season and replace it when the leaves begin to fall in the autumn or when you close the pool down at the end of the swim season.
Is it a safety cover?
A leaf pool cover, by itself, is not a safety cover and does not help prevent drowning. Leaf pool covers are designed strictly to keep your pool clean and free of leaves and debris. They cannot be walked on, like some other types of pool covers, such as safety pool covers. They must be used in conjunction with a pool safety net.
Can I get a leaf pool cover if I already have an existing net?
Leaf pool covers are also an available option to pool owners with an existing pool safety net cover already in place. If you have previously purchased a net, we can provide you with a leaf cover at any time. We just need to schedule a time to take adequate measurements so we can place the order for your custom fitted leaf cover.
A leaf pool cover and pool safety net provide an ideal combination for pool owners looking for a secure safety barrier and wanting easier maintenance by preventing unwanted debris from accumulating in the pool . Leaf pool covers are economical, lightweight, easy to put on and take off, and excellent for closing the pool at the end of the swim season.
Lapa Blinds, Patio Blinds & Outdoor Blinds
We manufacture high quality lapa and patio blinds to suit your needs.
Patio blinds are the most common form of outdoor blinds in South Africa and protects your patio against rain, sunshine and wind, for all year round use and allows you to enjoy uninterrupted views from the comfort of your patio and are very popular on patio’s and entertainment areas. PVC Blinds are very attractive, cost effective and protects against all elements. Your patio or lapa blinds will protect the outdoor structure against the elements.
The structure of the blinds consists of a border of solid material into which a clear vinyl window is inserted. ROPE & PULLEY Blinds are the more affordable option. This system works with ropes that are threaded through eyelets at the top of the blind. Cords are then fed through these eyelets. To retract the blind, the cords are pulled and secured to the cleats provided
Benefits of PVC blinds include:
- Protection against wind and rain.
- Reduces heat loss in winter – patio can be sealed by installing wall anchors.
- Clear PVC allows uninterrupted views.
- Can be set at any height with the pulley system.
- Base straps and strap ground plates included to reduce wind flap.
- Patio blinds are sold with coach screws, cord cleats, anchor plates and anchor plate screws.
There are many options to consider when making your purchasing decision, all these options are discussed on a site visit and displayed to you in detail.
PVC tarpaulin (tarp) material 550gsm
- Tear resistance
- Inner reinforced nylon webbing gives product strength → impossible to tear
- 550g thickness
- UV Treated
- 100% Water proof with welded seams
- Easy to clean
- Wide range of up to 15 colours
- Estimated life span in full sun -+ 5 years
Ripstop/Ripblock Tenting canvas 400-450gsm
- Tear resistance
- Manufactured locally
- Referred to as tent material
- More difficult to clean compared to PVC
- Waterproof, seams are stitched
- Premium price, preferred in more up market homes
- Wide range of up to 5 colours
- More aesthetic compared to PVC material
- Estimated life span in full sun +- 6 years
- Fabric is waterproof 5 colours available