Swimming Pool Safety Measures:
There are different safety measures that can be put in place to prevent child drowning. These safety measures includes: pool nets, pool covers, pool fences, self-latching gates, and pool alarms.
If you need a pool cover for safety, increasing water temperature, eliminating evaporation, stops algae forming, keeping dirt/debris out the pool and save on chemicals + electricity, then look no further. The PVC safety cover is the only PVC cover that offers 100% safety and sets the standard for pool covers. Unlike most PVC pool covers this cover prevents rain water from accumulating on top of the cover, something that poses a threat to curious toddlers.
The backbone of the cover is the 32mm diameter lightweight Aluminum poles built into the cover. The poles run in the width of the pool and are spaced 1m apart, it extend approximately 30cm over the paving so the poles rest on the paving & the cover rest on the poles. Seeing that the cover is suspended from the water it enable us to punch a series of 8mm drainage holes into the cover allowing rain water and irrigation water to drain into the pool.
The Safety cover forms a complete barrier over the pool and prevents a child from squeezing underneath the cover. These covers has a good weight tolerance and can support a weight of 100kg, however we only market this cover with a maximum weight tolerance of 60kg. We don’t want to give the impression that the kids could play or drive with the bikes on the cover because there is risk of the Aluminum poles bending out of shape and this could result in a call out fee.
The Safety cover does not require hooks and eyelets, it works with a ratchet system that is generally very easy to use but complicated enough for children so it acts like a safety device. When securing the cover no physical strength is needed to create the required tension. This has the huge benefit that the pool user will be more likely to replace the cover after using the pool. To use the cover, it will be much quicker and easier if you are two people but one person would be able to open half the pool cover if it’s just for using the shallow end.
To open the cover, undo the ratchets, take the starting pole by the end and fold the cover with the poles over one another without any difficulty. The entire cover can be position on the paving at the deep end when not in use or stored away. To fit the cover you will do the exact opposite, once the cover is over the pool you will tighten the ratchets into place and restrict all access to the pool. To avoid stumping your toes on the protruding stainless steel anchor bolts, we have designed it in such a way that you can unscrew it by hand form the drop in socket that’s fitted flush with the paving. For extra protection the anchor bolt is also covered with a plastic cap.
The Solid Safety Cover is the most effective barrier as it seals off the pool and prohibits all access to the water. However, still the best method is that of responsible adult supervision. The Solid Safety Cover is the single most effective physical barrier to prevent child drowning and to secure a pool. Importantly, there are no fiddly hooks and eyelets, making the cover quick and easy to use. Mothers love the fact that no brute force is required! This blend of simplicity of design, coupled with practical and user-friendly fastening systems are what make this cover the desirable choice over other pool safety systems on the market.
The Solid Safety Cover can only be fitted to pools with a width no greater than 5,5m. The cover is heavy (average pool cover 8mx5m weighs 72kg). Fitting and removal involves “fan folding” the cover on and off the pool. The material is flammable and should be kept away from any sources of heat / flame. It is fitted with drainage holes to prevent the accumulation of water. Dust and debris that accumulates on the cover may infiltrate the pool through these holes. Should the drainage holes become blocked allowing for water to accumulate, this water MUST be removed Failure to do so may result in damage to the cover and a may also pose a potential drowning hazard.
WHO SHOULD USE A POOL COVER SOLID SAFETY COVER?
Every pool owner, regardless of whether or not they have children, should have a pool protected by a Solid Safety Cover including:
- Residential homes,
- Gated Communities
- Golf estates
- Bed and Breakfasts
- Holiday Resorts
A Solid Safety Cover is very important for all peoples from all walks of life including a young family with small children and grandparent with small grandchildren.
The Solid Safety Cover will be used right through the year as a safety barrier as well as to reduce money spent on the day to day and month to month upkeep, maintenance and operating costs incurred e.g. water top up, chemical and power usage and general cleaning of the pool. The Solid Safety Cover will be used for a variety of reasons whatever the age of the household or season of the year.
BENEFITS OF THE SOLID SAFETY POOL COVER
- Simplicity of design: the Solid Safety Cover is designed in such a way that it can simply and quickly be taken on or off the pool.
- Strong and durable: the cover can bear the weight of two adults and one child without any damage or risk to the cover or child. Not only do the drainage holes drain rainwater into the pool it also acts as ventilation by preventing chemical gasses from building up underneath the cover. A common drawback with first generation PVC covers is that rain or sprinkler water can collect on top of a PVC pool cover, forming a small pool that curious toddlers may be tempted to play in. Our second generation Solid Safety Cover features drainage holes to eliminate these pools forming on top of the cover.
- Aesthetics/Colours available: aside from peace of mind, the cover looks great too. This aesthetically stylish cover is available in 14 x different colours so you can incorporate it with the décor of your home and can be matched to the colour of your outdoor living area.
- Materials: made from 550 grams per square meter PVC, Aluminium battens and industrial strength ratchets in stainless steel. We use the 550gsm PVC specifically for the use of swimming pool covers because its U.V. treated & chemical resistant and come with a 3 Year Warranty. The PVC is joined with high frequency heating, no glue is used because it will come undone after a year and no stitching is used because it will perforate your cover. Seeing that the cover is not in direct contact to the chemical water it will extend the lifespan significantly and also it won’t influence the performance of the pool cleaner under the cover.
- Durable: made from 550gsm PVC, Aluminium battens and industrial strength stainless steel ratchets.
- Child Safety: two adults and a child can safely walk across the cover.
- Power savings: cleaner water requires less filtering and backwashing, which amounts to significant power savings. Filtration is still required for aeration and eradicating minor impurities but pump time can be halved. In an average domestic pool, the pool pump consumes 12% of the household’s electricity. The Solid Safety Cover reduces this to 6%.
- Water savings: reduced evaporation losses (up to 90% less) means less water input to maintain optimum levels.
- Chemical savings: under a Solid Safety Cover, algae growth is reduced, allowing for less chemical input without compromising water hygiene.
- Reduced debris contamination: this cover prevents dirt, droppings and leaves from entering the pool water. The water aesthetics and hygiene are greatly improved.
WARRANTY & EXPECTATIONS
The Solid Safety Cover can be expected to last for in excess of 5 years with the correct care and maintenance.
The cover material and straps will incur greater wear and tear and require replacing around this 5 year time frame. The ratchets and poles are likely to be an investment for a much longer time frame. Pool Cover guarantees the cover for one year (12 months). Because the cover is used primarily for child drowning prevention, it is of utmost importance to care for the cover correctly. If you notice a weakening of the cover’s components or small tears appearing in the PVC, please tend to the matter immediately and contact us about a repair service.
The material and components are all good for purpose in the sun and in chlorine type conditions around a pool.